Sunday, January 18, 2009

Finest Moments on Two Wheels: by Dusty Gillingham

Written by Dusty Gillingham in response to: Finest Moments on Two Wheels

Mine would probably have to be when I decided to ride my old haro down to the barber shop to get a hair cut. I just got out of my complex and remembered I forgot my wallet so I turned around and headed back into the complex. To turn into my complex you take a hard right followed by a speed bump. I hit the speed bump going pretty fast and it sent the bike into the air sideways. With my excellent riding skills at the time I decided to do nothing about the situation but hold on. When I landed with both wheels at an angle the bike slide right out from under me and I landed extremely hard right on my hip. I rolled a couple of times till i came to a stop. The place where my body decided to stop was right at the feet of an old lady that was getting groceries out of her car. She tried to ask me if i was okay but I was in to much pain to respond to her. I just laid there moaning and groaning. Then a young man came running over to me to see if I was okay I played it off like I was and went back to my condo (I skipped the hair cut). I had a huge black bruise on my hip and it hurt so bad to walk for the next week.

1 comment:

StacE said...

Dusty this is the best story!

My favorite part is that you "played it off" like you were OK when that guy came up to help. I can totally picture this whole story and I can't stop laughing.

Why are painful mishaps so hilarious?!