Sunday, May 25, 2008

Santa Cruz Fire Update

Wow, well, much to my amazement after reviewing the fire map today, it seems the fire took a look at the demo and turned the other way. According to the map it hasn't advanced past Eureka Canyon Rd. in the direction of the demo. This is of course exciting news to a slim number of people in this case, and for the rest this fire may present devastation. I didn't mean to exclude that from my past post, but it should go without saying that I hope for the least number of homes destroyed and the utmost safety for the residents up there. I have a friend up in that area whose house and family I'm worried for. Adelia, hope the two cats and two dogs are ok!

As for the demo forest, we may be in luck for the fire would have (and still could) not only destroyed the wood structures but would (and still could) destroy the canopy and root struction that prevents erosion. Keep the fingers crossed. The fire is 50% contained and I hope residents will be returning home tomorrow!

Fire map

No comments: