Thursday, May 22, 2008

Paradise Lost?

Ironically I had posted the previous post shortly before I got the update on the fire burning in the Santa Cruz mountains, and had to double take on my choice of titles... When I checked on the fire map, I noticed the fire's edge had reached the intersection of Buzzards Lagoon and Eureka Canyon Rd.! I realized since the fire is far from contained that we're at risk of losing "the demo" as we now know it. Of course we love the landscape, but a great many of those trails are highlighted by well made wood stunts, jumps, logrides, etc. This is not to mention the beautiful trees up there. As devotees of that wonderful riding area, I hope everyone crosses their fingers that the fire is contained soon! View Fire Map

1 comment:

Dusty & Cyndie said...

This will ruin my year if we loose the demo. I've been watching the news like a hawk. The sky was all red this morning and smell of ashes filled the air. As did the sound of my weeping from sorrow.